Doing our Best during the COVID-19 Pandemic!
Change.org Petition for Singapore Ministry of Education to Provide COVID-19 Protective Desk Shields for all Students
Latest COVID-19 Updates & Health Tips
A Fat Loss Diet can include healthy foods that are actually appetizing! Here's to healthy eating and meal ideas that help you lose weight while tasting great.
Makes 2 Servings
• 2 medium (5oz) sweet potatoes
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• ¼ teaspoon onion powder
• ¼ teaspoon thyme
• ¼ teaspoon rosemary
• ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
• Pinch of cayenne pepper
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375oF. In a small bowl, stir together paprika, onion
powder, thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
2. Slice the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise.
3. Brush each half with olive oil.
4. Rub the seasoning mix over the cut surface of each half.
5. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet or in a shallow pan.
6. Bake until tender or about 45 minutes.
Simply stated, it's a unique way of preparing food that combines nutrients specifically geared for melting off body fat FASTER than normal.
Here's what I really love about Metabolic Cooking:
1. The recipes are made from foods with a high Metabolic Thermo-Charge; more calories burned faster without losing taste...
2. They structured the cookbooks around their incredibly helpful "Metabolic Nutri-Profile"... makes it SUPER easy to use...
3. It's been specifically designed to fight the Metabolic Adaptation Phenomenon: That is what happens when you are on a dietplan and you all of a sudden stop dropping bodyfat!
Taste, ease, and metabolism-boosting power.
If you have been looking for Yummy recipes to melt body fat, you can find more Metabolic Cooking Recipes for Fat Burning Food here.
Ted.com video Alert: Tristram Stuart - The global food waste scandal
Western countries throw out nearly half of their food, not because it’s inedible — but because it doesn’t look appealing. Tristram Stuart delves into the shocking data of wasted food, calling for a more responsible use of global resources.
Fat Burning Recipes to Die for!
The primary function of our metabolism is simply to provide the right amount of fuel (at the right time) to keep our bodies alive and functioning properly. It accomplishes this through a complex series of chemical reactions whereby food is converted to the energy we need.
When we eat, the food we swallow enters our digestive tract and is broken down by digestive enzymes. Carbohydrates are converted to glucose, fats to fatty acids and protein to amino acids. Once these nutrients are broken down, they are absorbed by the bloodstream and carried into the cells of the body.
Our metabolism then works to either release these nutrients as energy, use them to build and repair lean tissue or store them for later use.
There are two basic metabolic processes—one is constructive and is responsible for building and storing energy for the body.
The other is destructive, though in a positive sense, as it breaks down nutrient molecules to release energy.
The constructive metabolic process is called anabolism, while the destructive process is called catabolism.
Anabolism: promotes the growth of new cells, the maintenance and repair of tissues, and the storage of energy—usually through body fat—for future use. Small nutrient molecules are converted into larger molecules of protein, carbohydrates and fat.
Catabolism: is responsible for immediately providing the body energy to use. Instead of building up, it breaks down the nutrient molecules to release energy.
These two processes do not occur simultaneously but are balanced by the body based on several factors.
Catabolism, in particular—though some attribute this to overall metabolism—has three components:
1. Basal metabolism: sometimes called resting metabolism, this is the metabolism component responsible for keeping you alive by ensuring normal body functions. Even if you were bedridden the whole day, basal metabolism is still at work. Basal metabolism is metabolism’s main component, as 60 to 70 percent of the calories from the food you eat are used for this. People who want to lose weight usually aim for a higher basal metabolic rate (BMR).
2. Physical movement: this can range from a simple moving of your fingers to strenuous exercise. Usually 25 percent of the calories you consume are for this purpose.
3. Thermic effect of food: this indicates the digestion and processing of the food you take in. Depending on the type of nutrient you consume, approximately 10% of the calories of the food you eat are burned through this. As you will see, the digestion of certain foods will require much more calorie expenditure than others. Protein takes a lot of calories to digest while carbohydrates take far less.
Thus, taking all this into account, here is our metabolism formula:
Calories From Food = Calories Expended From Basal Metabolism (60-70%) + Calories Expended By Physical Movement (25%) + Calories Expended Digesting Food (10%)
What Affects Metabolism?
Your metabolic rate, or how fast or slow your metabolism works, is influenced by a number of factors:
Looking at all these factors that influence metabolism, you now probably have a general idea of what you need to do to increase your metabolism—accept the things you cannot change, and work on those that you can!
A “fast” metabolism is the true secret to maintaining a lean body.
Return to Feed Them Right & More Recipes
After my 3rd kid, I was a size 6-8 (depending on my dinner). I really tried everything:
My After weight loss picture was taken at the beginning of this year and I am 45 years old (2015). I am a US size 2-4 now. I don't think I will ever be a size 0 again in this lifetime & be able to slip on a dress without even unzipping it (like in the good ole days... never mind, there is always my next life.)
In case you think I have skinny Chinese genes, nope, my grandfather had pants 3 normal-sized guys could get into. My mother used to horrify me with stories of how my aunt's 20 inch waist before marriage became 20 inch thighs after her 4 kids. I was determined not to walk down that scary path of permanently being called 'Auntie' by all and sundry.
Oct 21, 16 01:46 AM
Oct 20, 16 10:41 PM
Oct 13, 15 08:50 PM
MomsWisdom, a Complete guide for Pre pregnancy preparation, Pregnancy care and New mom guide for Childhood
Gives honest parenting advice to mothers on how with the right mindset and preparation, you can raise happy, healthy, well-adjusted children who outperform others academically.
Get $10 Althea KBeauty Discount.
Who says kids don't have fun in Singapore?
See Singapore images on Flickr.
Festivals in Singapore
Amazing Flora and Fauna
For more things to do in Singapore, go to Kids Play in Singapore.
Inspiration for Moms
Kids having Fun
New customers receive $5 off their first order when you apply Rewards Code : BIX059
Tel : +65-9685 7942
Oct 21, 16 01:46 AM
Oct 20, 16 10:41 PM
Oct 13, 15 08:50 PM